Car Accident Attorneys in Chatsworth, CA
Home to state parks, historic movie ranches, and just over 40,000 people, the Chatsworth neighborhood of Los Angeles is deeply rooted in California history.
Much of the community’s 15.2 square-mile area is designated open space, giving Chatsworth a markedly low population density compared to the San Fernando Valley and the rest of LA County.
However, despite its quiet, suburban sprawl, Chatsworth is still subject to dangers on the road.
In 2018 alone, Chatsworth had 284 traffic accidents that caused injuries. Twenty-four of these resulted in severe pain and suffering, and three resulted in the deaths of one or more vehicle occupants.
When you’re involved in a car accident, your life may be forever altered.
Your accident may leave you with a wrecked car and severe injuries that prevent you from working. And when the accident wasn’t your fault, you’ll have to deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, who may work against you to lessen, delay, or deny your claim.
When you partner with the Chatsworth car accident attorneys at PARRIS Law Firm, we’ll fight fearlessly to ensure you receive the care and recovery you need.
Representing Chatsworth Residents
If you are a Chatsworth resident, you likely have heard the PARRIS name before. This is because PARRIS attorneys have been fighting for residents of Porter Ranch, Northridge, and Chatsworth since 2015, in the wake of the devastating Porter Ranch gas leak.
SoCalGas and their parent company, Sempra Energy, allowed thousands of tons of toxic gas to escape from the Aliso Canyon Gas Storage Facility from fall 2015 to spring 2016, sickening thousands of San Fernando Valley residents.
We fought fearlessly on their behalf. And after six years of legal fights and negotiations, SoCalGas and Sempra settled for $1.8 billion.
You have a right to safety from car accidents, gas leaks, or any other threat—and PARRIS Law Firm is here to protect that right. If you believe you have a case, discuss it with our legal team for free today.
Car Crashes in Chatsworth
Out of 284 car accidents in Chatsworth in 2018, the types of vehicle crashes were broken down as follows:
- Head-on crash 13% (38)
- Sideswipe 8% (22)
- Rear end 25% (71)
- Broadside (T-bone) 36% (101)
- Hit object 11% (30)
- Rollover 1% (4)
- Vehicle/pedestrian 4% (10)
- Other 1% (2)
- Not stated 2% (6)
Car accidents occurred most frequently on Fridays between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. The most common causes of these crashes were right-of-way violations, speeding, disobeying traffic signals and signs, and improper turning.
PARRIS Law Firm has the power, passion, and prowess to handle even the most complex cases, with exceptional results. Here are a few of our clients’ stories:
- Our client was driving his truck when a woman, distracted by her cell phone, failed to stop for traffic, causing a T-bone style rollover crash. Tragically, our client suffered severe brain and spinal cord injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life. The at-fault driver’s insurance company failed to cooperate with our investigation. After relentlessly advocating for our client in court, a jury awarded him and his family a $120 million verdict.
- Another PARRIS client—a family—suffered severe injuries after being struck by a drunk driver in a car accident in Palmdale. Once again, the at-fault driver’s insurance company failed to compensate our clients fairly. After a three-week trial in the Los Angeles Superior Court, a jury awarded our clients $20.9 million.
- Several years ago, another PARRIS client suffered back, neck, and brain injuries when a big rig rear-ended him in Chatsworth. After taking the case to trial, PARRIS secured a $7.4 million jury verdict on his behalf.
No Fees Until We Win
After a car accident, your number one priority should be your physical, mental, and emotional recovery—not paying your legal fees.
This is why PARRIS has adopted a contingency fee model, meaning we front all of the costs of your case. Rather than charge you expensive legal fees up front, we are paid by a percentage of your verdict or settlement. If we are unsuccessful, you will owe us no fees.
By choosing PARRIS to represent your interests in court, you receive one of the one of the nation’s best legal teams for not even a single dollar out of your pocket.
Chatsworth Car Accident Checklist
If you ever find yourself in a car accident in Chatsworth, the following steps can aid you at the scene and in the following weeks. Knowing ahead of time who to call and what information to collect may smooth over the recovery process for you and your loved ones.
Immediately following the accident:
- If you can, get to a safe place. Call 911 for medical help if anyone is injured.
- If property damage is significant, call law enforcement as well.
- If you are able, gather the other driver’s information, including their VIN number, license plate, driver’s license, insurance information, and any contact information your insurance company might need to contact them later.
- Collect photos of the accident scene, including any street signs, skid marks, and damage to the vehicles.
In the days or weeks that follow the accident:
- Call your insurance company to report the accident and make a claim.
- Report your accident within 10 days to the DMV if property damage exceeded $1,000 or anyone was injured or killed in the collision.
- Get the medical care you need as soon as you’re able.
- Keep any and all records of repairs, doctor visits, missed work, or any expenses you incur related to your accident.
- Call PARRIS Law Firm to advocate for your rights throughout this process. The sooner you get a legal team on your side, the better.
PARRIS Law Firm is home to some of the best trial attorneys in practice today. When tragedy strikes, get a team you can trust to win fighting in your corner. We won’t stop until you see the recovery you need.